Apple Hill/Camino/Gold Hill
- Dry white wine
- Anything but Chardonnay
Wow, are you in luck! The Sierra Foothills is not a very hospitable climate for growing Chardonnay, but it is a wonderful region for many other white wines.
You'll want to be sure to try some of the Rhone-style whites, like Viognier, Roussanne, and Marsanne. Those grapes love it here! You'll also find some incredible versions of more obscure wines, like Picpoul Blanc, Albarino, Vermentino, and even some Riesling!
Based on your answers, here are the wineries we would recommend for you and the order we recommend them. Keep in mind, though, that there is no guarantee as to what a winery is pouring on a given day.
Click on the winery for ratings, hours, and more information:
- Rhone white blend and an amazing Albariño!
- Rhone whites and Vermentino
- Rhone whites
- Rhone whites, Chenin Blanc, and Bordeaux style whites
- White Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc
- Rhone whites, best Riesling in the Foothills