Apple Hill/Camino/Gold Hill
- Dry white wine
- Exclusively Chardonnay
Well, sorry Chardonnay drinker. Unfortunately, the Sierra Foothills is not a very hospitable climate for growing ultra-premium Chardonnay. However, there are some wineries that work hard at it and actually do a very good job with locally grown Chardonnay. In addition, there are others that source grapes from more Chardonnary-friendly regions and pour them here. So, you're not completely out of luck!
The below listed wineries each have delicious Chardonnay for you. I would also encourage that you try some other local white wines that we think will appeal to Chardonnay drinkers (go back and click "Mostly Chardonnay" for some suggestions for those).
Based on your answers, here are the wineries we would recommend for you and the order we recommend them. Keep in mind, though, that there is no guarantee as to what a winery is pouring on a given day.
Click on the winery for ratings, hours, and more information:
- a classic locally-grown Chardonnay
- Chardonnay grown at 3500 feet
- Chardonnay sourced from Calaveras County
- Chardonnay sourced from Edna Valley
- Chardonnay sourced from Santa Cruz Mountains and Sonoma Coast
And if you are willing to make a 15 minute drive to Pleasant Valley:
- our Panel selection Chardonnay made in 3 different styles